Forum Title: Deadbolt removal
I'm trying to get a deadbolt out which has one way screws on it (slot head that can't be turned in the other direction). I have the right size extractor, but need to get a hole in the screws first. After long efforts with a high-speed corded drill, and a new titanium bit, I've barely made a dent in the screws. How on earth can I get these out? Is there a different type of bit? Are these screws some type of special metal? Is there an easier way? Thanks.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: BRENDA YOUNG (Rochester, NY), 01/06/2019


- FREDERICK LYNCH (Savannah, GA), 03/01/2019

I always thought I wanted a dremel. Maybe it's worth the investment.

- NEIL GRAVES (Bloomington, IN), 03/07/2019

Craftsman makes a screw extractor set that doesn't need a pilot hole. You just put the drill in reverse and it will eventually bite in, and remove the screw. But using the Dremel to make an actual slot would work too!

- SANDRA MOORE (Fishers, IN), 02/06/2019

Assistance, Support & Advice For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527